Men Having Babies Surrogates’ Advisory Board
& All Things Surrogacy Present:
Dallas Surrogacy Conference
June 18 – 19, 2016
Men Having Babies is coming to Dallas, TX
June 19, 2016!
Are you looking to help someone start their family, by becoming a surrogate? Perhaps you’re already a surrogate, and are looking to share your story and network with other surrogates? We’ll we’ve got just the event for you!
Introducing the 1st ever SURROGATE’S DAY
happening June 18, 2016!
Men Having Babies Surrogate’s Advisory Board and All Things Surrogacy have teamed up and put together some fantastic informational presentations to help you get started on your surrogacy journey! Come spend a few hours learning about surrogacy, listening to stories from those who’ve been surrogates already, and follow it up with a SurroSisters networking reception!
*ALL are welcome, however, this event is not intended for agencies looking to recruit surrogates.
SURROGATE’S DAY AGENDA:
Saturday, June 18, 2016:
- 2pm – 3:30 Registration & Networking Reception
- 3:30 – 4:45pm Personal stories, Q&A, and roundtable discussions
- 4:45 – 5pm Break
- 5pm – 6pm Book Discussion: Labor of Love: Gestational Surrogacy and the Work of Making Babies (Families in Focus) by Professor Heather Jacobson, University of Texas at Arlington
Men Having Babies (MHB) is an international non-profit organization that has helped thousands of gay men worldwide become biological parents. On June 18th & 19th we’re bringing our comprehensive Surrogacy Seminar & Gay Parenting Expo to Texas. Our program will include an overview of surrogacy, step-by-step guidance for prospective parents, peer advice on budgeting and picking providers, plus a resource fair, breakout sessions, and on-site private consultations with leading agencies and clinics from around the USA and Canada.
Proceeds from sponsorship and exhibiting fees will benefit the Men Having Babies Gay Parenting Assistance Program.
INTENDED PARENT’S DAY AGENDA:
Sunday, June 19, 2016:
- 8:30-9:00am: Registration
- 9:00-10:45am: Planning your parenting journey – major legal, medical and financial considerations
- 10:45-11:00am: Break
- 11:00-12:00pm: Picking providers, budgeting and financial assistance (GPAP)
- 12:00-1:30pm: Lunch (courtesy of Fertility Specialists of Texas) and gay parenting resource fair – tables of surrogacy agencies, clinics, lawyers and community organizations (sponsored by Dallas Voice)
- 1:30-2:30pm: Personal stories panel – hear from several surrogates and parents
- 2:30-4:30pm: Breakout sessions – learn more about participating surrogacy providers
- 4:30-5:30pm: Resource fair & networking reception
- 3:00-8:00pm: Optional private Consultations